Saturday, December 22, 2007

.: Mother's Day :.



Uhmmmm...morning everybody...its 10 am here and i just woke up, take a little shower and preparing myself for my daily activities today..but i thought that i would like to check some mails first and wanted to write something here since that suddenly i want to write about my Mamah...

My mother always tells me "You have no idea how much I love you, you will only know when you have a child of your own". I always tell her " but mom, I do know, and I love you too!"

But she always insists it is not the same at all.

I am yet to have a kid,--which is i'm dying now to have kids-- but I get glimpses of motherhood from time to time, and I think I am starting to understand.

These glimpses of course come through my nieces. I have 4 nieces, 2 from my sister in law who live in America..
"kak nini",1 from my sister in law "upik", and 1 from my brother in law "agus"... and one niece of 2 years and 5 months cute princess from my younger sister. I also have 6 nephews from my cousins, I love them all, but I am guilty of secretly favoring the youngest one from all, thats is the 2 years and 5 months toddler from my own younger sister...(CARRISA is the name of the HER..).---i've posted some pictures of her in my other previous posts...my cute princess...

Is it normal to have favorites? Since Carissa is the nearest one who often spent time at my parent's house and the cutest one..hehhehehehhe....

Well anyway, Carissa is attached to me, and from time to time she likes to spend the night with me....because my sister's hubby often went out of town for business so they kept staying with me at our parents house. The most recent being was couple nights ago.... and I get to see then how a mother is with her child. (or as close as I can be).

Your priorities immediately shift, She is the priority, her rest, her happiness, her sleep, everything. When going to sleep, we turn on cartoons to watch, etc... we.. i mean me and my sister kept teaching her about everything, she's now already understand everything that i said, me and my younger sister always do that ever since she came out to this world, even though I am used to watching something more adult like before I go to sleep. I turn off my phone, so no one would call and disturb her. She sleeps between me and my sister, and all night, I sleep very lightly, I am always ready to wake up at the smallest sound coming from her. Not because I am a light sleeper (I am not), but I worry she would wake up startled and would want me or her mom to comfort her. I care that she is well covered, even if it means I am not... that is actually the case quite often, because she fidgets a lot and ends up wrapped in the covers.

When she wakes up, even though I almost never think of breakfast, it is suddenly my top priority. and I want to make her something she likes....

well to make a long story short, my happiness comes from her, even if I am tired, or uncomfortable... Sacrifices come easy....They are a pleasure in their own.

I realize if she was my kid, I would be used to it, and wouldn't be too careful, but I understand the concept. The love and care you give, even though the child is too young to understand how difficult it can be sometimes.

Mothers do not give for appreciation and credit... they want nothing except the happiness and health of their kids. It is a pity that we only realize this when we are much older, after we literally put our parents through hell in our teen years (and a lot of other times too). Especially that the biggest effort they do is when we are very young, and we hardly remember these years later on.

I hope I can Repay my mom just a little bit. Wish I can make her happy. I know I can't possibly come close to repaying her. But i can try :)

Thank You God
for the blessing of motherhood, of the mercy that You put in a mother's heart to care for her children. Nothing more greatfull than Your Love and Mother's Love to their children...

Ps : Mama...if only you can read this blog of mine...i wanted you to know that i love you more than you know..i know sometime i could be a very stubborn child of you, and sometimes dont care much to all of your words...I'm sorry for making you all of the troubles that i made in past...I love you Mama...You're the biggest inspiration in life for me...I Love You To Death Mama......

And To all of you who has become a mother or will become a mother or to all women in Indonesia..." HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"

No comments: